Writers' camp was developed to help writers reach their goals. We meet on a weekly-basis for events that develop our craft, career and community. Events range from a Q&A with a literary agent to a potluck where everyone shares their favorite dish and their favorite story. If you're looking to meet other writers, if you want to be held accountable, if you want to have fun reaching your goals, sign up for the next camp!
- For adults.
- Choose Astoria on Saturdays or Brooklyn on Sundays.
- Times and locations vary based on the event.
- All genres, styles and experience levels are welcome.
- Membership includes online writing group, limited-edition journal,one-on-one feedback, classes, and a public reading of your work.
- Space is limited - apply early!
- Contact Tracy@writerswork.org if you need to apply for financial aid.
Reasons to join:
- You're tired of writing alone.
- You need some structure and routine with your writing.
- You need help staying accountable.
- You want to have fun with like-minded people.
- You've never done anything else like this.
- Unique Writing Classes
- Brainstorming sessions for your work.
- Public Readings of your work
- One-on-One Feedback
- Weekly emails with writing prompts and motivation.
Before you sign up, you should know:
- Most events take place in Queens on Saturdays or Brooklyn on Sundays.
- You're encouraged to go to all events, but not required.
- Times may change based on the venue's availability. The exact time will be announced on the Monday prior to the event.
- You can get a full refund if you cancel a week before camp starts. No refunds after that point.